In 2015, the City began to consult the community about improvements to the 10th Avenue Bikeway to make it safe and comfortable for people of all ages and abilities.
The next segment of 10th Avenue that the City plans to upgrade is between Trafalgar Street and Burrard Street, with a goal of improving neighbourhood livability and access to the Arbutus Greenway, schools, businesses and other organizations along this stretch of 10th Avenue. The proposed upgrades will:
- Improve comfort and accessibility for people walking and cycling, especially around busy sections like schools
- Address safety concerns for all road users, especially at key intersections
- Accommodate vehicle loading and access needs of adjacent schools and businesses
- Protect the street’s healthy and mature tree canopy
- Manage on-street parking to support access to homes, schools, businesses and other organizations on 10th Avenue
10th Avenue will also serve as part of a critical detour route for the Arbutus Greenway during the construction of the upcoming Broadway Subway Project, an extension of the Millennium Line SkyTrain.
We want to hear from you!
Please drop by our public open house to meet with project staff, learn about the proposed design options, and provide feedback that we can use to develop a final design.
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2019
Time: 3:30-7:30 pm
Location: Kitsilano Community Centre, Snowy’s Lounge (2690 Larch Street)
Can’t make it?
Share your feedback through our online survey.
For more information:
Please visit vancouver.ca/10th-avenue-segment-1
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org