- How about a Greg Klein photography calendar or print. The calendar, packed with gorgeous pictures of BC birds and animals is printed on 100% recycled paper, with no metal binding and printed in a local Vancouver print shop. And, a portion of the proceeds of sale will be donated to a local wildlife rehabilitation centre.
- Beeswax food wraps by Perwinkle Designs, make the perfect gift for the environmentally conscious. They come in tons of different sizes and patterns so you're bound to find the perfect. This small business was started by a Grade 4 Tennyson student, Madison Seriosa, and is going from strength to strength. You can buy the wraps online, at Safeway at West King Edward and Oak or from her mum Lisa in the playground.
- Shana Alexander (www.strongerwithshana.com) is a group fitness instructor and personal trainer. You can buy gift certificates for in-home or outdoor training for expecting and new moms. Sessions will involve cardio, muscular endurance, flexibility, and pre/postnatal specific core and pelvic floor work. Moms will benefit from increased energy, improved posture, fewer aches and pains, and a stronger core. Give the gift of fitness to a woman you love this holiday season! Contact Shana at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Massage Therapy is a wonderful way to de-stress and help the aches and injuries that have crept up through the holidays and winter weather activities. Give the gift of massage in our tranquil, environmentally conscious, Kitsilano clinic at Embody Massage Therapy. Contact Mandy Ryan RMT with any questions or to purchase a gift certificate.
- Get Tennyson mum Briana, Brianaaimee Vancouver Based Personal Stylist, to reorganize your closet and help you feel like a million dollars. She will purge/consign/donate the things that don't work anymore, decide what your present-day personal style is, create a few looks from the pieces you have and make list of things you're missing.
- Enjoy a delicious meal at Sushi Mugen, a restaurant on Davie Street recently opened by a Tennyson family. With more than 15 years of main chef experience in Japanese and western food, Tennyson dad Jay and his co-owner Tony, bring a menu boasting a variety of fresh, tasty selections of modern fusion specialties at very reasonable prices. Gift cards are available : $10, $20 and $50 .
Did you already pick up the perfect gifts for your friends and family at the Winterfest? If no, don't fret. Here are some great holiday gift ideas for products and services from Tennyson parents. They're so good may even just gift them to yourself!
Please send any blog entries to email@example.com (and include a photo if you can). See our blog guidelines.
Visit our Newsletters page for the latest school newsletters (and some old ones too)