The first Lunch ordering session of the year is now open! Order by Wed, Sep 26 if you want the first Monday Sushi Lunch.
Please note that C’est Mon Cafe Tuesday is also an option but the ordering is done directly on their site, not through Munchalunch. Another email will be sent when they are ready for us.
I know you want to order lunches immediately (and you should do it very soon) but PLEASE take a moment to chat with your child. Your child has for sure an opinion about what shows up in front of them.
- Ordering is open now (and will remain open for late orders) but orders must be placed by Wed, Sep 26 in order to receive the first sushi lunch on Monday October 1.
- This ordering period is for lunches from October 1 (first sushi lunch) to January 30. Yes, it is a long lunch period but changes/cancellations can be made if needed (with a week’s notice) by contacting the lunch administrator. The MunchaLunch link can be found at the bottom left of the homepage. If your are new to the school you will have to create an account first. Once you hit “submit my order”, your order has been submitted even if you do not pay immediately. If you need to make changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All parents will be asked to update their children’s divisions when they first log in. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - IF THE DIVISION IS NOT CORRECT, WE CAN’T GET THE LUNCH TO THEM!
- This ordering session covers 14 Sushi Mondays and 16 Pizza Wednesdays … if you don’t gasp at your total, you may have missed some days (see the notes below on Menu 1 & Menu 2 and what it means).
- Of course, the system allows complete flexibility (order everything, nothing, or any amount in between). Feel free to split your payment into 2 cheques including one post-dated cheque for half of your total. Munchalunch is using Stripe.
- Be sure to read Menu 1 & Menu 2 info provided below to avoid hungry children with no lunches!
- Only pre-ordered lunches will be provided - there will be no “day of” sales.
- Kindergarten parents (and anyone else) - lunches can be added in late so please feel free to wait and see what your child thinks as the lunches start. They are likely to tell you if they see something they would like to eat.
- You can add an order anytime but it takes one week for the lunches to start (we order in advance from the suppliers).
- Changes can also be made to orders (with a weeks notice).
Panago pizza will be offered on Wednesdays (cheese or pepperoni slice … you can order multiple slices). The treat option will be a Plaisir Sucre oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. There will be no drinks. We are trying to avoid messes and waste. WATER BOTTLES ARE AWESOME!
Our new Sushi provider will be QQ (located at Broadway and Fir). Sushi options include California roll, cucumber roll, avocado roll, salmon roll, tuna roll, edamame and chicken teriyaki. Due to the new provider, a couple of prices are increased, some stay the same and others are decreased. No drinks or treats are on the menu - please send a water bottle for your child. WATER BOTTLES ARE AWESOME!
PLEASE READ THE MENU 1 / MENU 2 INFO BELOW - VERY IMPORTANT FOR NEWBIES AND PARENTS WHO LIKE TO ALTERNATE BETWEEN SUSHI AND PIZZA. YOU MUST ORDER FROM BOTH MENU 1 AND MENU 2 IF YOU WANT WEEKLY LUNCHES … THEY COVER ALTERNATING WEEKS.
The lunches are run by parent volunteers and volunteers are needed on all lunch days. It is a great way to connect with students and meet other parents (and see your child at lunch). Is your young student having a tough time adjusting? What a great excuse to come visit them at lunch … win-win! We will welcome you with open arms (unless that makes you feel uncomfortable, then we will hold off on the bear hugs).
The time commitment is 11:30 - 12:30pm on the lunch day and there is no need to commit to every week.
Please contact Jackie Corlett if you would like to volunteer for Monday Sushi Days, Heather MacRitchie for Wednesday Pizza Days, and Christine Powell for C’est Mon Café Tuesdays (you can also sign up for Mondays and Wednesdays when you order).
Menu 1 & Menu 2: What does it mean?
- Sushi and Pizza are set up as Menu 1 & Menu 2. They cover alternating weeks (to save time when ordering but still allow flexibility - for example, it is easy to alternate between cheese and pepperoni pizza or only order a cookie every second week).
- Order from BOTH Menus (1 & 2) if you want lunches every week! If you only order from Pizza Menu 1, your child will get pizza every second week.
- If you would like to alternate between pizza and sushi (Sushi Monday one week and then Pizza Wednesday the next week), use opposite menus for them … for example, order from Sushi Menu 1 and Pizza Menu 2. Sushi Menu 1 and Pizza Menu 1 always fall in the same week.
- Want lunches only once or twice a month? Planning a family vacation? You can easily remove any days at the END of ordering (keep going until the end!).
**** If you do not receive a Munchalunch reminder email, your child will not have a lunch provided. **** Please send one!
We can only provide what was actually ordered (not what you hoped to or intended to order) … we are good, but not THAT good! You can log in to Munchalunch anytime to check your orders. Use the My Account - View My Orders tab.
Your questions will be answered … email email@example.com
Proceeds from lunches go towards sending next year’s Gr 7 students to Quebec, the Quebec Futures Fund, and PAC.
Thank you so much for the support!