A few things have arrived in our inbox since our December newsletter that we would like to share with the parents and guardians of VSB students.
- new Tuesday, Dec 5, 6:30-8:30pm - SACY workshop "SACY Adult Toolkit: understanding youth & substance use" in the SACY STEP portable at Tupper Secondary. Seating limited. Please register: www.SACY.eventbrite.ca
- Wednesday, Dec 6, 6pm – VSB Committee III – Education and Student Services Meeting, Room 180, VSB Board Education Centre 1580 W. Broadway
- new Thursday, Dec 7, 7-9pm - SACY workshop "Building Bridges with Your Teen" at Churchill Secondary. Seating limited. Please register: www.SACY.eventbrite.ca
- Wednesday, Dec 13, 5pm – VSB Committee II – Planning and Facilities Meeting, in Room 180, VSB Board Education Centre
- Thursday, Dec 14, 7pm – DPAC Executive Meeting, Room 180, VSB Board Office.
- Monday, Dec 18, 7pm – VSB Board Meeting at the VSB Board Education Centre
- Monday, Dec 25 – Friday, Jan 6 – SCHOOLS CLOSED FOR WINTER BREAK.
SACY has a number of parent of parent education sessions coming up this school year. The December ones are listed in the important dates section above. More information can be found on their website (http://www.vsb.bc.ca/sacy) and in these brochures:Volunteers Needed for BCCPAC Committees:
BCCPAC is currently seeking parent volunteers to work on the following topics:
- Complex Learners
- Aboriginal Parent Engagement
- Website Redesign
- Constitution & Bylaws
- Resolutions Acceptance Committee
- PAC/DPAC/Parent Resources
- Leadership Manual
- Self-Advocacy Resources