(PAC meeting at 7pm)
Grade 4 - 7 students will attend Online Safety Presentations on Wed, May 17 during the school day.
These events are sponsored by the Tennyson PAC.
Here is a blurb about the workshop:
Parenting in a Digital Age by Safe Online (http://www.safeonline.ca/)
We believe that parents and teachers are a critical part of the solutions to online harm. Parenting today is challenging with children and youth involved in online technologies at earlier and earlier ages. While quick adopters of new technologies, youth are still amateur users without guidance of their elders. We can help you effectively keep up with technology and meet the challenges you are facing.
Our Parenting in a Digital Age workshop will give you practical ideas and the tools to make your children and safer. Parent advisory, grandparent, new parent and foster parent groups can all become better informed participants in their children’s online world.
Topic covered include:
- Popular Social Media and Apps explained
- Permanent digital reputations and their implications
- Gaming positives and negatives
- Online drama and abuse
- Sexting and online pornography
- Future trends in technology
- Parenting with technology
- Tips and tricks for staying safer online; establishing home internet use agreements, safer password choices, site privacy management, online scams and suggested online emergency resources
- A take-away link to SafeOnline exclusive collection of educational sites for parents