- Discuss safety with your children regularly
- Teach your children to use the buddy system
- If your kids are approached by a stranger, on foot or in a car, they should keep their distance
- Teach your children to be aware of their surroundings and if they notice someone following them, they should go to a crowded area, a store or to someone they trust
- Encourage kids to talk about any suspicious incidents and report them to police.
For more crime prevention and safety tips, please visit VPD.ca.