Funderland Children’s Center is a flexible after-school program, within a 10-minute walk of Tennyson providing free pick up service for students K-G3.
• Free Pick up Service
• Everyday 3:30-5:30 pm classes (you can choose from 1 up to 5 days a week)
• Drop-In Sessions
• Pro-D Day, Winter Break, Spring Break & Summer break Camps
Funderland is an innovative game-based and child-oriented program that focuses on developing self-regulation and social skills through FUN indoor and outdoor activities. All-in-one program that turns children’s every afternoon to a surprise. Step-by-step projects develop critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, listening and responsibility while open-ended projects encourage self-confidence, creativity, flexibility and communication skills. These fun indoor-outdoor games and activities have no limits: Sculpturing, Wood Arts, Stone Arts, Open studio, Science experiments, Cooking, Gardening, Storytelling, Puppet making, Green crafts, Interesting kid documentaries, group discussions, and lots of free play with game items and
Two staff sign out children from school and they walk together through low traffic residential area. Some days, before we start our walk, children will play at school playground to add more fun and physical activities to their days.
The fee for each session is $ 23. Class registrations are on monthly basis while you can choose from 1 to 5 classes per month.
All our staff have valid first aid certificates, the relevant education, and years of experience working with children as well as a clear recent background check and immunization declaration.
• Azi, the director of Funedrland, is an early childhood educator who has been working with children age 1-12 for over 8 years. Her passion is to create an environment that encourages play and creativity for children to develop their social-emotional skills.
• Mary has a bachelor of education and she has been an elementary teacher for 11 years.
• Sorina is studying social work and assists children on a daily basis.
• Dahlia is on-call staff who assist other staff and children whenever needed.
Safety & Hygiene
We strictly practice the enhanced health and safety protocols prescribed by Public Health to ensure Covid measures are in place when students return to classes. These actions include: daily temperature monitoring, more frequent sanitizing, lower number of children in the classes, separated pick-up and drop-off spaces, and considering social distancing in our activities and room arrangements.
For more information about fall registration, costs and reservation please visit
www.funderland.ca email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 345 6259.