Friday, February 14, 2020
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Calling all educators, counsellors and parents!
The Vancouver Public library is pleased to host Tending Hearts and Minds, a day long conference full of thoughtful discussion about mental health education and intervention in our schools.
9 a.m. - Keynote Presentations
Alice MacKay Room, Lower Level
- The Power of Understanding: Change, Hope & Healing Through Trauma Awareness - Noel Hunter
- A School Must Have Heart: The Need for an Educational Evolution - Michael Gilbert
- Canaries in the Mine: Adolescents in Crisis - Dr. Eli-Abi Jaoude
- The Mental Health Story and Why It's So Compelling - Rob Wipond
- What is the Evidence for the Use of Prescription Drugs for Children & Adolescents? - Dr. Jim Wright
- The Prescription Cascade and Tapering - Janet Currie
Montalbano Family Theatre and Room 826, Level 8 and Room 919, Level 9 (sessions will repeat)
- Trauma Informed Supports in Education - Noel Hunter and Michael Gilbert
- Re-narrating the Story - Dr. Eli-Abi Jaoude and Rob Wipond
- Medication Effects & Tapering - Dr. Jim Wright and Janet Currie
Montalbano Family Theatre, Level 8 and Room 919/920, Level 9
In partnership with Vancouver Unitarians.