Why you should bike or walk to school
- To reduce transportation emissions
- To improve the health of individuals, communities and the environment
For Our Environment & Communities
- To slow global warming and climate change (due to CO2 emissions)
- To slow the loss of glaciers and sea level rise
- To support our ecosystems and our dependent economies
- To be active and healthy
- To boost oxygen intake and make your brain and body work better
Learning Resources / Links
HASTe – HUB for Active School Travel
- find lesson plans, resources, safety info, and more!
iSchool Travel Calculator
- measure the impacts of different transportation modes.
- find out how many calories you burn, what your greenhouse gas emissions are, and how much you could save on gas!
On Climate Change and Planning for it: